SmartSVN is a graphical Subversion (SVN) client. Its target audience are users who need to manage a number of related files in a directory structure, to control access in a multi-user environment and to track changes to the files and directories.
- Tag and Branch Support (SmartSVN Professional) With SmartSVN Professional you can work with tags and branches as conveniently as if they were native Subversion features. Once you have defined the project repository locations for the trunk, the tags and branches, you won't have to deal with hard-to-remember URLs anymore: Just use tags and branches the way you're used to from other version control systems.
- Incoming and Outgoing Change Markers In the project directory view you can instantly see which directories contain local modifications (red arrows) and which directories have been changed in the repository (green arrows, SmartSVN Professional).
In combination with the Remote State of the files (SmartSVN Professional) you can detect and avoid potential conflicts before they actually occur. SmartSVN Professional even shows files and directories which have been added to the repository and aren't locally available yet.
- Revision Graph (SmartSVN Professional) The Revision Graph shows the hierarchical history of a file or directory. It provides operations similar to those of the Log command, such as comparing two revisions of a certain file, but surpasses the Log command in presentation and level of detail. Also, the Revision Graph can show upon request which revisions have been merged, have been merged in the selected revision, or haven't been merged yet.
- File Compare SmartSVN contains a built-in file compare with inner-line comparison and the ability to edit the compared files directly.
The syntax coloring is file name dependent and can be configured in the preferences.
- Transactions Views The Transaction view in the SmartSVN main window automatically fetches information about new revisions from the repository. It will keep you up-to-date on any commits that took place within your project - automatically, clearly, and even from other branches, if you wish. SmartSVN Professional also can watch for changes of other repository locations, e.g. for libraries used by the project.
The project-independent Transactions window (SmartSVN Professional) can watch for commits in any repository. This makes it easy to stay informed about changes in libraries used in your project, or about all SVN activities within your team or the whole company.